If you are trying to maintain a youthful appearance but don’t want to undergo the knife, Botox or some other invasive procedure, then natural herbs and nutrients can help.
Here are 11 of the best ones for anti-aging:
1. Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA): ALA is a powerful antioxidant that helps protect your body from free radical damage. It also helps to recycle other antioxidants like vitamins E and C.
2. Bilberry: Bilberry is a potent medicine against many age-related concerns as its packed with anti-oxidants. It is helpful to preserve vision and prevent degenerative eye diseases.
3. GABA (Gamma-aminobutyric acid): Declining levels of HGH are linked with many of the symptoms of aging: fat gain, muscle loss, loss of energy, poor sleep, skin changes, bone density loss and a decline in libido. Supplementing with GABA, a natural amino acid helps to maintain levels of HGH naturally, lessening these unwanted symptoms.
4. Oregano: Numerous studies have demonstrated the antioxidant properties of oregano. Additionally, oregano is also one of the strongest and most effective broad-spectrum antibiotics and anti-fungals out there. It can help kill Candida or yeast infection as well as fungal nail infections.
5. Marjoram: Studies show that incorporating marjoram into your diet may activate cells that aid digestion. If you’re having trouble sleeping, try adding five drops of marjoram oil to a warm bath. The herb’s essential oils relieve stress helping you sleep soundly through the night.
6. Ginseng (Panax ginseng): Among the Chinese, ginseng is considered the Fountain of Youth. It tones the skin and muscles, improves appetite and digestion, and restores sexual energy.
7. Peppermint (Metha peperita): In addition to helping with digestion and gastrointestinal problems linked with aging, peppermint contains antioxidants that help prevent cancer, heart disease, and other age-related disorders. It is readily available as a herbal tea.
8. Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is thought to help with the prevention of dementia by restoring the neurotransmitters in the brain. Ashwagandha also helps the body build a resistance to stress and can be used as stimulant for a healthy immune system.
9. Cat’s Claw: Also known as Una de Gato in Spanish and Vilcacora in Indian, the Cat’s Claw herb’s super-immune-system qualities help battle age-related problems such as high blood pressure, bad circulation and high cholesterol levels.
10. Milk Thistle: Milk thistle encourages the liver to make a powerful antioxidant, which aids the regeneration of new skin cells and helps to create a glowing, youthful complexion.